Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm in Minnesota

I’m in Minnesota.


My flight is delayed for maintenance reasons. I’m not to thrilled about that, but what are you gonna do about it. These things happen.


The flight was….a classic red-eye flight. Of course I just happened to be the one with the screaming baby behind me. I couldn’t sleep, but neither could she. I’m sure her ears were hurting real bad. The lady next to me was kinda chatty, which I wasn’t really feeling because all I wanted to do was sleep. She was pretty bright though and could tell I wasn’t to keen on talking.


BUT, all this aside, I got to see the most beautiful sunrise. I love sunrises. We landed in Minneapolis at sunrise, starting our decent around 6 am. The sky was the most brilliant color of orange. It made me very happy.


As I sit here and contemplate what I’ve gotten myself into, I figured I’d give you a few updates on the whole shebang. I still don’t have an internship. I still haven’t heard from Barbara Boxer’s office (which I applied to over two months ago). I applied to two other congressional offices on Monday and I haven’t heard from either of them yet either. Surprisingly though, I’m not worried. I know that it will all work out in the end. God’s got it; this is one of the wonderful opportunities to trust.


What I’m most worried about right this moment is having to get a cab at the airport. I’ve never taken a cab before, at all. I’m not really sure how it works. That is kind of freaking me out a little bit. I’ll just have to be brave and do something new.


I’m also a little worried that my bedding won’t be there when I get there and I won’t have anything to sleep with tonight. And I’m really gonna want to sleep tonight because I didn’t really get to sleep last night.


But now we are boarding, so I must conclude. I will let you know how the cab getting goes.

1 comment:

  1. all I have to say is... MinneFREAKINGsota. Well don't worry you'll be in DfreakingC soon. =) (Actually I think you already are, now that I've posted this. who knows. =)

    ReplyDelete