Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bonus

So, this morning I woke up at the butt crack of dawn to take my roommate/best friend to the airport. I was not to hip on the 5 am wake up call, but I love her so I did it anyway. Plus it meant that I got to wish her a wonderful time off and good rest while at home.

The bonus in this though, I got to watch the sun rise on my way home. I haven't watched the sunrise in I don't know how long. It was so beautiful! Even my crappy SoCal Freeway view. I guess that just means I need to wake up early more often in more beautiful places. Maybe, while I'm in DC, I'll wake up really early and go to the coast (I have no idea how feasible this idea is, kind of thinking out loud). I'll watch the sun rise over the ocean! I've never done that before. Growing up on an island I guess it would have been possible, but that would have meant being in Hana at the but crack of dawn, and I just do that. Now, since I live in California, it's also a little difficult.

But I really do love the sunrise. There is such a freshness and peace about it. The light it brings to the darkness, there is such hope (and countless religious symbolisms).

2 comments:

  1. I love watching the sunrise over the ocean. I have this one place by my parents' house that I used to LOVE getting up earlier than necessary for school while in high school...and I'd drive there on my way to school, just to watch the most amazingly gorgeous sunrise...and to just breathe deeply for a moment and be still with God. It is a glorious feeling. I hope you get some of those moments in DC. They are absolutely completely worth it (and necessary on a regular basis...at least in my crazy life) PS I'm gonna miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, butt crack of dawn sounds like a word you have stolen from me Kim, but its ok cuz you rock! Keep kicking ass, and remember that God has some pretty awesome plans for you.

    -Lucas

    ReplyDelete