Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Those Moments

Have you ever had those roller coaster days? At some point you have really great moment and you feel wonderful about all that your doing. Then, something mostly unexpected happens and it hurts. (If you're a girl you likely cry. I don't know how guys respond.) And the only option you have is to say, "God, it's yours. If I try to make this better, it won't work. I look to you to make it better. I'm giving this whole situation to you." It's partly out of desperation, partly out of faith, and partly an ultimatum.

Well...that was my today. And God answered in the strangest of ways. He didn't fix the situation. But he reminded me why I'm here. Instead of sitting and sulking and asking why (like I wanted to do) he gave me the opportunity to go out into the community. To talk with people. To meet a high school girl who plays soccer. (Finally a girl who likes soccer!) To remember that people everywhere need the grace and power and love of God. He responded by showing me the big picture. Difficulties come along. And yes, they are hard and require dealing with. But we cannot let them take center stage in our minds, in our hearts. We must always remember the bigger story we are a part of.

I looked to God and he reminded me. He answered my prayer in an unexpected way. Which seems to be his style.

1 comment: