Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Assurance {matul}

I know I made the big announcement several days ago, but I have finally arrived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!  It's been a peaceful few days. While waiting for Josh to arrive I've been staying with our contact here in Brazil, Jeremy, and his wife. They are wonderful people, so friendly and inviting, and super helpful!

Already I've had several Brazilians tell me the same thing, "If you are sure this God's call for you, it is good." But always it is preceded about how life in the favelas can sometimes be, well, less than kosher (not their words, though they have the same hesitation in their words).

It's left me with so many questions about how we can be sure of anything? For me it always boils down to this indescribable peace, a feeling that is often hard to remember in times of questioning. However, it's strong enough to make me continue even when I can't remember.

That's where I'm at. My senses on are overload and my mind is tired from having to try so hard to understand anything that is said. But I remember a time of indescribable peace as the first steps toward this journey I've taken. That is where I take refuge when flickers of doubt enter my mind. When I begin to feel unworthy of this call. When my struggle with inadequacy creeps up yet again.

I rest knowing that he has called me here, even if I can't remember what that certainty feels like.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Kim, glad you made it. Praying for you for that peace to continue to rule your heart as you serve him.

    ReplyDelete