Thursday, January 31, 2013

THANK YOU!

I don't know how many of you know, but I worked at APU in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Processing as a student worker during my junior and senior years of college and as a temporary worker for a year after I graduated. It was an amazing place to work. I learned so much for the people I worked with about grace, prayer, and love (tough love, sometimes) and really just about doing life well.

(I'm sure they probably all hate me for
putting this picture on the internet.)
Though I haven't worked there for a good six months now, I went by the office today to say one last goodbye before heading off to Brazil. They knew I was coming and had planned a little surprise for me. You see, they find any occasion to have a party, and I was a perfect excuse. They'd set up a table with little servings of tropical trail mix, made a tower of disposable champagne glasses (that we used for sparkling cider, of course), and made a sign post with the miles to different places. Little did they know it was too all of the placed I'd been in the past month. It perfectly summed up the period of waiting that I wrapping up. 


Kihei, HI 2,522 miles       Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 6,293 miles
Los Angeles, CA 20 miles         San Diego, CA 107 miles
San Fransisco, CA 356 miles      Pomona, CA 10 miles

It was perfect, and they had no idea they did it. 

But, as if all this wasn't enough already, they'd written me 22 cards (a combined effort) and put dates on each of them. They chose dates, some at random and some with meaning, spread through out the next year and a half while I am in Brazil. It is the gift that literally keeps on giving. And to top it all off, as an office they have committed to supporting me financially on a monthly basis. 

Suffice it to say, I was overwhelmed by their generosity and love. 

Because I know they'll ready this, thank you all! Gina, Laura, Brenda, Kristin, Elaine, Lynnette, Jeanette, Deb, John, Pam, and Lynette. I am beyond blessed to have you all care for me so deeply. I love you all!

4 comments:

  1. Yep, any excuse to have a party!! I look forward to seeing what adventures God leads you to in Rio! Love you, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a fabulous excuse it was celebrating you Kim! This party was a no brainer for sure. I wish you all the best as you start this new journey. I know there will be many, many blessing to come!! Lots of Love, Lynnette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entry is REALLY from Lynette Cliffe - you know.....student FROZEN computers and all!)
    Lynette Cliffe said:
    We LOVE to celebrate. Your new journey was the perfect excuse! It is so exciting to watch God's hand in your life. We look forward to watching as He continues to direct your path! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You go with our love, prayers, and a wee bit o'money! YALAPF - Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything for you, Kim! :-)

    We love you and will be praying for you during this amazing journey God has you on! I know that He is going to do awesome things through you as you serve His people.

    ReplyDelete