Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Size of our Prayers

I've been living with my grandparents for the last few weeks as I await my visa to Brazil. One thing I've noticed about her is that she prays about EVERYTHING! It's so amazing! The littlest things get her attention in prayer. I worked with another woman who was like that. She and her husband prayed together everyday. They keep all the Christmas cards they get, and every day they'll pull a card from the basket and pray for the people who sent it to them. So intentionally organized, my favorite. These women inspire me to pray about the little things. The way I spend my time each day. The way I interact with people on the metro. Anything and Everything. 

You see, I tend to pray big prayers. I ask God to use me like he used Paul or Moses or John. When I pray for others, I pray about the big issues I know they have. I long for their healing from emotional abuse. I desire that they truly find all of their identity in God. I don't pray about the job she hates, I just want her to find satisfaction in God.

I think we need both sizes of prayer. I should get better at the small ones. 

What size are your prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment