Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Want to know where I live?

So many of you may have seen the video I posted on Facebook several weeks ago. If you didn't, you should go watch it. It's a TEDtalk by the mayor of Rio de Janeiro. The talk is interesting. Not sure I'm on board with all that he says, but good things to think about nonetheless.  From 7:48 to 8:18 he shows pictures of my community's center! It's the gathering place for all. There are parties there on the weekends, and always kids are playing. So cool!

Want yet another way to get a better idea of where I live? Follow these simple directions!

Go to maps.google.com.br
Type in the search bar on the page: Rua Nova Brasília, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Zoom in some.

This is the main shopping street in my town! It's maybe about a seven minute walk from my house to the bottom of the street you searched, where it meets Av. Itaoca. In satellite view, the picture is a little old. It's before they built the plaza the mayor talked about in the video above, so it's looks a little different now.

But this is just to give you an idea where I am within the very LARGE city of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Also WAY too many people have been asking about my address. I've been hesitant to give it out because well, things just work differently down here. But finally, I have it for you!  I am able to receive all types of mail at the Seminary we are partnering with. The address is below. Letters and presents of all kinds are welcome! :) And I absolutely LOVE getting mail!

Seminario Teologico Betel
ATTN: Kimberly Farnham
Av. Mal. Rondon, 1020 - Rocha
Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20950-006, Brazil

No comments:

Post a Comment