Thursday, August 9, 2012

Trumpet Sound {matul}

So, as much as putting this out there scares the begeeses out of me, I really need to do it.

It is looking more and more like my heart wants me to go to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I know what you are thinking.  You are all taking note so that if it ends up I'm wrong, and this isn't where God sends me, you'll be able to judge me.
     Okay, so maybe that's not what you're thinking.  But it's what I'm terrified you'll think.  As my wonderfully wise friend Lauren reminded me on Monday, it's not what anyone who loves me would think.  If I end up going somewhere else, you will all, likely, be overjoyed that I heard from God and am willing to go somewhere I hadn't anticipated.

But, back to Rio.  I know you are probably wondering why.  There really isn't a good answer.  But it's the location that simply won't go away.  For a long time I've been cycling through the different program sites, imagining (probably horribly inaccurately) what it would be like to move to each city.  I'd daydream for a week and then move on, forgetting about each city when I'd move to the next.  Rio is the one that won't go away.  That I can't forget.  I'm thinking it might be God prompting my heart.  But I don't know.  There haven't been any trumpets or signs or writing in the sky like I keep hoping for.  So this is what I'm going with.  For now.

What I really want, what I desperately need is for you all to pray with me on this.  I want so desperately to be where God is calling me, that I'm becoming fearful of making a choice.  I don't want fear to paralyze me.  But I also don't want to find my security in "I don't know where I'm going" each time someone asks where I'm headed come January.

So I'm asking you to pray.  Pray that I continue to be open to the Spirit's leading.  Pray that God is preparing me for the work he has already prepared for me to do.  Pray for Rio de Janeiro, that the people of God there would seek after him more, would prioritize making his name known in their city.

Finally, I can't think about going to Brazil without thinking about so many people from my church back home in Maui. There is a thriving community of Brazillians in Maui.  Those I know are AMAZING people who love God so much.  Then there is the fact that my church back home has sent so many teams to Southern Brazil, ministering alongside the local churches in Estrella. Also, Christen, who spent almost 3 years there and loves that country more than a lot things.  And finally, my friend Vini, who is from Brazil, lives there now, and loves Jesus so much.  For those of you who already love the country, thank you! Pray with me and for me as I attempt to be faithful to what God has placed before me.

(Here are some maps to help you get a sense of location.  They starts out general and gets more specific.)

 




1 comment:

  1. There are some good ministries in Rio. Let me know if you end up there.

    ReplyDelete