Wednesday, September 14, 2011

what you want


I found this on Pintrest the other day.  It inspired me to write a blog about life.  Originally it was gonna be about a boy.  But then I was afraid and didn't want to put that out in the world for everyone (including the boy) to see.  So I thought about this quote for a little bit.  And then got smacked in the face by God.

I've been reading a TON of new blogs lately and I found one today that inspired me.  It's called the Good Women Project.  I read way to many posts.  I sat on the computer for hours just reading.  But God used it to show me that I've been lying to myself.  I've gotten way to comfortable in my own skin.  No longer to see my faults as things that need to be worked on to better glorify God, but as character traits that I claim proudly.  That's bullshit.  God told me in the shower.  Where I tend to get a lot of good thinking in.

I realized I've forgotten what I really want from life.  What God has shown me he has for me.  My favorite attributes of God that inspire me to want to change the world.  Things like Justice.  Being a voice for the voiceless.  Educating people everywhere about what it means to be human so that they might learn to love the humanness that is each person and every person.

When I first read this quote I thought of a boy.  How lame.  When a boy is everything you want, you know something is wrong.  What happened to the days when all I really wanted from life was to glorify God with everything that I am?  Where did that person go?  I think it'll probably take sometime to really remember that passion and all that is, but I'm really excited about rekindling my love with the important things in life.

So thanks to Pintrest, and the GWP for reminding me that there is more to life than the boy I want, but can't have.

--------------------------------------------------------

What about you?  What came to your mind first reading this quote?  What do you wish had come to your mind first?  What is it that you can't stop fighting for?  What are you so passionate about that it inspires you to take action?

No comments:

Post a Comment