Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cuddle Puddles and In-N-Out

I've been back at APU for almost 24 hours now. It's SO good to be back. With the exception of Shannon (because she doesn't live on campus) I got to see all my absolutely favorite people last night. In classic style, Ems took me to the post-op after we picked up some Taco Bell. Then we went to Katie, Bethany, and Gracie's apartment, my home for a week. Gracie and I talked DC, Katie attacked me when she opened the door, and Bethany scared me as I walked down the hall. They had plans that evening, so I found my way to Alicia, Melissa, Jennie, and Elena's apartment. We talked for awhile, went to dinner at In-N-Out, had a cuddle party of Jennie's bed, and ogled the attractive boys/men (depending on which person you ask) in Prince Caspian. Of course, all of this activity was loud and accompanied with much laughter. Seeing everyone again reminded me how much a part of me this place and these people are.

This morning I went to church at the most amazing place ever, Reality LA. I attended this church all last year and was very sad to leave it when I went to DC. I never realized how good I spoiled I had become at Reality. While no church is perfect, it's minor flaws are easily overlooked when you realize how amazing it really is. Needless to say, it was GOOD to be back. Ironically enough, Tim preached on Isaiah 42:1-4, which deals heavily with the idea of justice. Much of our time in class at ASP was spent discussing this. I always left those classes frustrated and confused, wanting to do avoid the subject at all cost. Tim Chaddick, though, reminded me that are people, even those who are intelligent and educated, that think like I do about the topic of justice. A wonderful message, followed by the kind of worship through music I longed for all semester, made it a spectacular morning.

Now I sit here, my friends all around me studying and writing papers on this weekend before finals week. I haven't anything to do and so I write this blog. I can't quite imagine what this break or next semester will look like or bring to my life, but I'm excited to see what the journey will be like. Instead, I will leave you with the little things in life that bring me joy at APU.

-Sinks with two sides
-Toilets that flush easily
-In-N-Out
-Friends with cars
-Microwaves that work
-Reality LA
-Light switches that go up and down, not sideways
-79 degrees outside
-Laughing so hard my face and stomach hurt
-Freeways that we refer to using "the"

1 comment: